Monday, November 29, 2010

Yes!!! Finally.....

Well, it's been a long time coming.  I've had this blog set up and prepped for months now and finally got my nerve up to follow through.  Typing thoughts, running through some pertinent parts of the day of homeschooling, posting pic's, sharing ideas, recipes, curriculum, commenting on books I've read or am reading....yeah, a bit unnerving for me but it's time to set the nerves aside and do this!

Philippians 4:13 NIV
I can do everything through him who gives me strength
Welcome to my home!  My name is Tammy and I'm so Blessed to have a most amazing husband named Ty and 4 truly amazing gifts named Miranda, Justin, Quintin and Tavin.  Miranda and Justin are all grown up and out on their own.  Now my 2 oldest were not homeschooled but my 2 little one's currently are.
I made the decision to homeschool before Quin was born over 8 years ago.  Wasn't a hard decision to make considering the way schools have been transforming.  I will get more in to my and my husband's reasons in later posts.
Let's see, I have 4 kids, a wonderful husband and let's not forget about our newest addition to our family....our 1 year old dog named Hunter!  What a great dog he is.  He's a Yellow Lab, we got him when he was about 11 months old and weighed 95 lbs. just before summertime and about 6 months later the brute weighs in at 125 lbs.  Yeah, he eats a lot!  
Besides staying at home and homeschooling, I design and sew boutique clothing for children, I love to bake, cook and garden.  In posts to come, I will share.  I love to read and read mostly about Christian homeschooling and other Christian books.  I will be offering my thoughts and insights on the various books I read...so stay tuned.  I use certain Christian curriculum and we are also involved in a weekly Christian homeschool co-op, which I must say is a true blessing to be able to be involved in.  Let's see, I love to decorate my house.  I've always been a stickler for a comfortable home, not just eye appealing but comfortable, too.  When people come to visit I want them to feel at home and be comfortable.  
As I do LOVE to entertain, I do most of the hosting of parties in my family, whether for special occasions, like birthday's, Super Bowl, or just a good barbeque by the pool.  I've been known to just come up with something to get the family together for!  LOL
Coffee....love me some coffee!  Doesn't really matter what brand of coffee, although the Dunkin' Donut coffee is yummy, I can drink almost any brand as long as I have my creamer....and it's got to be Vanilla Caramel.  Without that, coffee just isn't coffee! LOL
Sit back, don't forget YOUR coffee and enjoy!  Life is so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment